From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 13 2010 - 15:55:01 CST

Hi,
  To use the built-in vmdcollab command, you use the following
command sequences.

Start server:
  vmdcollab connect [info hostname] 3141

Attach to server from client:
  vmdcollab connect remote-hostname 3141

The "info hostname" command sends in the hostname to VMD, so it
knows to start a server rather than a client.

Cheers,
  John