From: maria goranovic (mariagoranovic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 15:58:02 CST

Thank you all for the answers.

I am not using stride or writing every other frame, because I want to
visually look at the entire trajectory at once. So, it seems that if I want
to look at the entire trajectory at once, I will need to upgrade the memory?

When I start up VMD, typically more than 3 GB of memory is available, and
indeed, there is a lot of swapping going on when the frames are loaded.

I will follow up with more updates tomorrow (trying 1500 frames only, and an
exact calculation of how much memory is available before and after running)

-Maria