From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 01 2010 - 17:43:58 CST

Hi,
  You can draw any lines or arrows you like using the VMD "graphics"
or "draw" commands. The people that made the image you referred to
long ago graduated and have since moved on to other institutions,
but the key point is just that they wrote scripts that computed the
line/cylinder endpoints and added them to their molecular rendering to
help illustrate the change in orientation over time.