From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 07:26:44 CST

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Thomas Steinbrecher
<cd186_at_ipc.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Dear VMD users,
>
> I am trying to get IED to run with vmd on 64bit Fedora Linux.
>
> I checked that python, numerical python and tkinter are installed. When I
> run python this works

this is irrelevant, because VMD is always built with its own
python package. due to the various interdependencies between
python and tcl and the limited backwards compatibility, it is impossible
top build a reasonably portable executable otherwise.

you have to download the matching python package and install
it according to the instructions posted on the VMD homepage
somewhere (i forgot where). please see the question on this topic
that was posted here recently and the response to it.

cheers,
    axel.:

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology