From: Carsten Olbrich (ocarsten_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 12:03:56 CST

Dear VMD users,

for our multimedia lab we got a 3D holo bench including a Flystick2
(http://www.ar-tracking.de/Flystick2.55.0.html).
This set runs with the tracking program DTrack. Unfortunately not all
of buttons/button combinations do not have a functionality.
Does anybody have experiences with setting up this device? Or is there
a possibility that VMD and the Flystick can communicate directly with
each other (like VRPN)?

We also have a OMNI Phantom device. Am I right, that I have to run an
VRPN server? And if so, do I have to compile VMD from source including
some VRPN libraries or may I use the prebuild VMD version?

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas!

Cheers,
Carsten