From: Ding, L. (ld82_at_leicester.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 11:15:50 CST

Hi, My name is Lifeng. I just start to learn to use VMD. I am using my own MD script to model polymer chain system. The problem I have is I am having trouble to generate a appropriate file format which is recognizable by VMD.

I can manage to generate a simple xyz format and VMD can visualize it for me. However I can't go further to identify each polymer chain which should be ideally marked with different colour.

I was trying to generate a pdb file format. But the 200 pages of pdb file format introduction drive me crazy. Could someone here with polymer MD experience help me out?

Many thanks

Lifeng