From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 24 2009 - 09:08:57 CDT

Martin,
  There's something very odd about the graphics behavior
you're getting there. I see that despite that fact that you
have a fairly recent GeForce 9500 GT card, none of the normal
GLSL extensions are listed as available. What video driver
and version are you running on the display machine?
Do you get correct display if you run VMD locally, or does it
behave similarly to what you see when you display remotely?
I would expect a GeForce 9500 GT to have full GLSL, and to
have a longer list of OpenGL extensions, so either you have
a video driver that's got problems, or the GLX extensions on
your X server or remote client are malfunctioning in some way
as I'd postulated previously. You might send me the output of
"glxinfo" run both locally and remotely and send them to me
so I can compare them.