From: Jim Parker (jim.parker_at_prismsciences.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 19:10:07 CDT

John,
  Thanks so much for working with me. I had attempted to install VMD
previously with mixed results, and the second install was the one that
"worked" except for the Extensions menu. I found some references to the
old path, and that lead me to completely removing all traces of VMD from
my libraries and executable directories, re-install and
Viola...everything works.

Now, I have a question on CUDA, but that will be another thread...

Cheers,
--Jim Parker
UTSA Physics and Astronomy