From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 11:35:58 CDT

Hi,
  From the look of it, you're aligning only the protein backbone
atoms and nothing else. The "$sel move" isn't moving the non-backbone
atoms. I have no idea what your structure looks like, but I think this
is a cause for concern. I would have expected you to apply the resulting
alignment transformation to the entire protein, not just the backbone
atoms that you used to determine the alignment transformation. If this
is creating problems, I would expect you might be able to see it visually
before you calculate the averaged positions and launch the calculations
with the NAMDEnergy tool. Perhaps others can comment further, I can't
say much mor since I have no idea what your structures look like at
each step of your calculation.