From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 28 2009 - 10:22:06 CDT

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:06:39AM +0200, Olaf Lenz wrote:
[...]
> As a suggestion to the VMD developers, I could also think that one could
> add a function to the representations trajectory tab that would allow
> not to draw any bonds that are longer than a given number. I think that
> this would solve most of the problems with overstretched bonds. However,
> I do not know how compliated it would be to implement this.

I've been planning on doing something like this for a while actually,
but had held off because I didn't have time to do the GUI parts of
the work in time for the 1.8.7 release. Doing this isn't very
complicated except that it will come at a performance cost when enabled,
and I need to refactor the GUI a fair amount in order to have a place
for this.

Cheers,
  John