From: james tomomi macdonald (j.macdonald_at_mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:15:22 CDT

I am having problems installing the Mesa binary version of VMD 1.8 on
redhat9. It immediately crashes and core dumps. Running the binary
directly using the command:

/usr/local/lib/vmd/vmd_LINUX

i get the following error message:

Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Mesa X11
Info) Features: STENCIL RN MTX
Info) Textures: 2-D (2048x2048), 3-D (2048x2048x2048), Multitexture (2)
ERROR) Tcl startup error: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
directories:
ERROR) /Projects/johns/tcl/lib_LINUX/lib/tcl8.3
ERROR)
ERROR)
ERROR)
ERROR) This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
ERROR) Tk startup error: invalid command name "tcl_findLibrary"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It previously ran fine on the same machine with redhat7.2.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help.

Thanks.

James MacDonald.