From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 14:48:09 CDT

Hi,
  I've posted a MacOS X binary of cionize for you here:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/cionize/

To run it, gunzip it, then see the README file that I put
in that directory as well. Let me know if you need help
using it or if you run into any problems.

I should mention that VMD is beginning to incorporate the
computation routines used by cionize, and we'll probably completely
replace cionize with VMD scripts in the next 6 months or so.
All that remains is to write new VMD routines to do the electrostatic
map "update" steps that cionize does after placing each ion. Once
that's in place, you'll be able to write a short VMD script that does
everything that cionize does.