From: Michael Kreim (mkreim_at_keychem.de)
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 07:12:52 CDT

Hello,

I have some trouble setting my PYTHONPATH environmental variable in vmd
1.8.6.
When I set:

set env(PYTHONPATH) .

I always get this error:
$ vmd -dispdev text -python
Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.8.6 (April 6, 2007)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 4 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 2290MB (58%)
/home/mkreim/data/bin/python/python-2.2.3/
.
Info) Starting Python...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named VMD
Info) Text interpreter now Python

But when I print my path using python (sys.path) the actual directory is
included.

If I don't set PYTHONPATH everything starts up without errors, but I
cannot load own modules.

Unfortunately I did not find anything helpful regarding this problem. So
maybe somebody can give me some hint?

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,

Michael

--
Dipl.-Biol. Michael Kreim <mkreim_at_keychem.de>
Technische Universität Darmstadt,