From: Sinan Arslan (iamsinan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 2009 - 13:11:39 CDT

Hi,

Some people on this board already started using this monitor for
stereo view, so we decided to give it a go with VMD.

We have to move the window up and down one pixel to align the left and
right images at the correct polarization as John Stone advised.
Unfortunately in the full window mode, left and right view images do
not match the correct polarization stripes, so we have to wear the
glass flipped to get 3D feeling.

Is there any easy way to flip the left and right view lines in the
scan interleaved mode in VMD?

Is there any way to adjust stereo separation to change the depth
feeling, sweet spot position, etc (in scan interleaved mode)?

Thanks

PS: I am not an expert on stereo hardware, but this seems like a very
cheap passive stereo solution at $270, it was said that it does not
require any special video card or hardware. I am running this with
Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE. Only downside is that 3D image looks
interleaved with black lines which is not good for line
representation, and you loose resolution in vertical direction by half

--
Sinan Arslan
Single molecule biophysics group