From: Benjamin Bouvier (benjamin.bouvier_at_ibcp.fr)
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 10:45:37 CDT

John,

Here is the log. It appears to be more related to the Linux machine
actually running VMD than to the Macbook doing the displaying, though...

Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.8.7beta5 (June 1, 2009)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 4 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 7302MB (94%)
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Info) ATI Linux driver detected, limiting features to avoid driver bugs.
Info) Set the environment variable VMDDISABLEATILINUXWORKAROUND
Info) to enable full functionality on a known-safe driver version.
Info) OpenGL renderer: ATI Radeon X1600 OpenGL Engine
Info) Features: STENCIL STEREO MSAA(6) MDE MTX NPOT PP PS
Info) GLSL rendering mode is NOT available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (4096x4096), Multitexture (8)
vmd >

--
Benjamin Bouvier