From: JT (JTibbitt_at_odu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 17:29:07 CDT

John,
Thanks alot for the new versions. The tachyon internal and external
now works great. And the images are much better than the snapshots
our group were previously using.

I did notice a bug when rendering with tachyon external using the File
--> Render command box. After rendering a few times by tweaking -
rescale_lights and -add_skylight parameters in the render command box
between each execution, I noticed strange behavior. I could not type
into the render command box. Same problem with the file name box
right above that. I was able to type into the VMD text terminal (the
console always open on OSX, which shows what VMD is doing). But when
placed my cursor back into the file name box or render command box,
and tried typing, the letters would come out in the VMD text terminal
box. After waiting a minute or two, things returned to normal. I
restarted VMD to see if it would happen again and it did.

Although this may be attributed to my computer (Macbook running
Leopard), I thought you should be aware just in case others experience
similar behavior.

Jeff Tibbitt