From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 08:44:49 CDT

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 15:15 +1000, Burak Cankurtaran wrote:
> Hi,

hi burak,

> I just started to use vmd in a more advanced fashion.
> I have a visualisation with isosurfaces and fieldlines
> which are coloured according to volumetric data.
>
> Apparently these can't be rendered using an external renderer
> in colour. I've only found one email in the archives on this. Do you
> have an idea on when the colouring will be implemented?

> Apologies if this is a common question, first time list user.

the problem is indeed one of the more frequently reported issues.
while i cannot tell you when this will be implemented, i would
recommend you check if you have access to a graphics card that
fully supports GLSL rendering and enable it(!) via the Display
dialog. this will give you near rendering quality images from
the snapshot renderer.

cheers,
    axel.