From: Íõ—² (corarbor_at_163.com)
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 07:43:23 CDT

Hi John:
Thank you for your reply. I took the NAMD-l and vmd-l as the same list.
I guess that 1.8.7 beta1 would not support a non-English path, so that I will not open a pdb file at my desktop by simply double-clicking since the path has Chinses characters.
Here is the feedback of solvate v1.3 in vmd 1.8.7 beta1, you can see the error complaining "error deleting "combine.pdb": permission denied" on the last line. I only get combine.pdb and combine.psf generated.

Shen

(VMD) 49 % package require solvate
1.3
>Main< (VMD) 50 % solvate -minmax {{0 0 0} {10 10 10}}
generating solute plus one replica of water...
reading structure from psf file C:/Program Files/University of Illinois/VMD/plugins/noarch/tcl/solvate1.3/wat.psf
psf file does not contain cross-terms
reading coordinates from pdb file C:/Program Files/University of Illinois/VMD/plugins/noarch/tcl/solvate1.3/wat.pdb
Info: writing psf file combine.psf
total of 27783 atoms
total of 18522 bonds
total of 18522 angles
total of 0 dihedrals
total of 0 impropers
total of 0 cross-terms
Info: psf file complete.
Info: writing pdb file combine.pdb
Info: pdb file complete.
error deleting "combine.pdb": permission denied