From: JT (jtibbitt_at_odu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 13:15:22 CDT

John,
Ok, I see. The RS232 converter is for converting between USB port and
serial mouse. This is a USB mouse. In fact, I don't think it is even
called Spaceball. Maybe the company changed the names of their mouse
lineup or something? I am using VMD 1.8.7 a62 and I thought it had
support for the SpaceNavigator. The laptop mouse is supposed to just
be a smaller version of the Desktop SpaceNavigator mouse.
Jeff