From: Höfling Martin (martin.hoefling_at_gmx.de)
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 08:34:24 CDT

Hey Folks,

Rendering volumetric data as colors (e.g. on surfaces) such as output
from apbs doesn't work for me:

I used the apbs tools integrated into vmd to create volumetric maps.
Initially my surfaces or other representations are white but if I
adjust the range manually under Color Scale Data Range in Trajectory
tab, I can get a nice snapshot. When using an external renderer to
create high-res images - the surfaces are white again. I think this
could be related to my previous color range setting.

Any hints how I can workaround this?

I tried this with vmd 1.8.6 on Linux X86_64 and Mac X86 as well as
1.8.7 alpha on mac. Renderes: Internal Tachyon, Tachyon and Povray
showed the same behavior.

Best
        Martin