From: Samuel Coulbourn Flores 花山 (scflores_at_stanford.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 16:54:11 CDT

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help with the VMD display issue. In fact I needed a c+
+ compatibility library; that part is done now.

However I'm having a different problem now. On both Windows and Linux
when I render using NewCartoon, the results do not look right. The
sticks for the bases are visible, but the backbone is not rendered at
all. This happens even for perfect single-stranded helices, so it's
not a problem with recognizing topology. My Mac installation renders
these beautifully, but the Mac is not available to the person who
needs to be making the movies. Any idea what might be wrong?

As a separate issue, on the Linux installation once VMD is opened a
"phantom" of the OpenGL display window is always in the foreground.
Not the frame, just the black background, axes, molecule, etc. It
does not respond to mouse clicks, instead the mouse clicks act on
whatever application is behind the window. Some guidance on this
would also be great, although the first issue is higher priority for us.

Many thanks

Sam

Samuel Coulbourn Flores, PhD
Altman Lab