From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 14:53:56 CST

Hi,
  If you're asking for how to get the visualization to auto-update,
see the "Trajectory" tab in the graphical representations window.
Enable the "update selection every frame" button.

If this is within a script, you'll need to call
"$sel frame $curframe", and "$sel update", to get it take
the current coordinates into account.

This and related things are described in the various VMD
tutorials. I think Axel's CPMD/VMD tutorial has a bunch of
examples of this kind of thing.