From: Lee Amy (openlinuxsource_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 09:45:12 CST

Dear All,

I'm a newbie at VMD and I encounter a series of problems during the
installation. Actually I feel a little confused about the process.

Mu OS is Cent OS 4.7, the GPU is GeForce 2 MX 400, and I download the
package named "vmd-1.8.6.bin.LINUX.opengl.tar.gz", I suppose that it
is the binary package I could use directly without building.

The first question, what 3D Library should I use? OpenGL or Mesa? I
don't know which one I could use at my OS. And I have installed NVIDIA
official driver for my GPU. Or is it based on hardware?

The second question, I use the default configure options at the
package, the default option is
LINUX OPENGL FLTK TK ACTC IMD SPACEBALL LIBTACHYON VRPN NETCDF TCL
PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT
When I run after the configure script, I go to "src" folder and run
make command, I encounter such error messages.
make: *** No rule to make target `OpenGLDisplayDevice.o', needed by
`vmd_LINUX'. Stop.

So could anyone tell me how to fix that step by step?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Amy