From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2009 - 15:46:21 CST

Hi,
  I'm guessing this is a weakness in the Intel OpenGL driver's
implementation of antialiased line rendering. Perhaps you need to adjust
the number of antialiasing samples in the video driver? A useful minimum
would be 4 samples per pixel, if you find a way to adjust this.

If you can't adjust the number of samples, what happens if you
disable antialiasing in VMD itself by toggling the Display->Antialiasing
checkbox in the main VMD menu?

Cheers,
  John