From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 12:36:04 CST

Hi,
  None of the Windows builds of VMD are linked with Python.
This is due to an architectural issue with the way the Windows versions
of Python are compiled versus the Unix versions. At the present
time you'll be best served by building a Linux version of VMD
for this purpose. I've been meaning to revisit this issue since
Python has been heavily revised recently, but I haven't gotten to it yet.