From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 12:23:33 CST

Hi,
  This can work, but only if the cartoon rendering code in VMD
finds the appropriate structural pieces in your molecule.
Just setting the secondary structure type will not gaurantee
that the cartoon rep will be satisfied, the structural components
it's expecting (e.g. CA atoms, O atoms, etc) must also exist.