From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2009 - 15:34:21 CST

Hi,
  For those that are interested in testing VMD with Tcl/Tk 8.5.6
or those that have previously had problems running the
older VMD builds due to Tcl/Tk bugs related to SCIM input
handling, I have new test builds for Linux and Solaris posted
on the VMD Public project in biocore. See the info here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

There will be several more test builds as I make progress updating
the Mac and Windows builds for Tcl/Tk 8.5.x.