From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 10:32:14 CST

Ondrej,
  The existing versions of VMD will not allow you to individually
delete volumetric datasets from within a molecule. I will soon be
rewriting much of the volumetric data infrastructure in VMD, and this
is one of the items that is high on my list to address. In the mean time,
adding the volume data to a new molecule and subsequently deleting the
molecule are the short-term solution to this problem.