From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 12:22:39 CST

Dear Sanjeev,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:04:58PM +0530, Sanjeev B.S. wrote:
[further discussion of the 3 legal MPEG-1 frame rates...]
> +++ You are right, I found that I did not use snapshot in vmdmovie but
> used internal ray tracer... I think the best way (I think that is what you
> suggest) is to 'animate read' the same PDB several times... but that would
> probably blow up the size of the mpg file for no good reason :(

In general yes, it'll be a little bigger, but the image quality
will also be better, for various technical reasons I won't go into
now.. (previous to my job here with VMD, I used to write video
encoders for MPEG-1, and MPEG-2 used in CD-I, DVD, etc..)
Frame doubling is how 24fps movies are displayed on television,
they call it "telecine". :)

Thanks,