From: Lars Bruno Hansen (lhansen_at_fysik.dtu.dk)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 04:03:58 CST

Hi Justin

Thanks for the answer about compiling VMD.

I have a question about using the python callbacks.
The reason for my question is that I want the representation of atoms in
VMD to follow the representation we are using in our python modules, so
that any changes in properties of atoms (coordinates, type etc) is
reflected
back on our python atoms and the other way around.

I can use the callback 'trajectory' for telling that VMD have imported
atoms,
however if an atom is moved using the mouse I could not find an
appropriate
callback routine. Using 'display_update' would generate too many
 unnecessary
updates I think, and would slow things down.
Is callbacks the right way to implement this, or should one maybe use
another
method?

Maybe if a callback routine could be generated then a user is dropping
the mouse
after moving an atom or collection of atoms this could be used to
implement
this.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

with best regards
Lars

--
Lars Bruno Hansen,
CAMP, Dept. of Physics, Building 307, DTU, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark