From: Anton Arkhipov (anton_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2008 - 10:43:40 CDT

Hi,

> 2. after rendering the resolution of the transparency is a mess and
> so i can not acquire a nice image

Have you tried changing "Isovalue" in the Graphical Representation of
your isosurface? You can also try varying "Step" in the
representation; a larger "Step" gives you are smoother map.

Another important thing you should consider is how you obtain the map.
To get a nice water box, I usually use the following settings in the
volmap plugin: selection = all; volmap type = density; resolution = 3
A; atom size = 3 A; weights = none. I'm sure there are other
combinations of these parameters that give a nice map too, but these
work for me... Also, what you get from volmap depends on what kind of
system you have - if it is dense or sparse, if it is just a water box
or it has some protein inside, etc.

Best,

Anton.