From: Boris Steipe (boris.steipe_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 11:37:48 CDT

Your atoms are labelled with three character so that every one has a
unique label in the molecule.

The first character is the element code. You have carbons, nitrogens
and hydrogens.

The second character characterizes the topology of the atom. A
typical sequence counting outward, or around the ring might follow
roman character for the greek alphabet: A B G D E Z H ... (this looks
like the PDB convention for amino acids), some of your atoms seem to
be counting 1 2 3 4 5 ... (this looks like the PDB convention for
nucleotides, or some hetero-groups) In PDB files, H-atoms are often
labeled according to the carbon they are bound to. Your hydrogens do
not follow that convention.

The third character is an index, in case more than one atom is bound
to a single other, as in HA1, HA2 ...

If this is not the information you were asking about, please explain
what exactly you mean by "type of atom".

B.