From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 01:25:43 CDT

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:16 PM, lillestolen
<timothy.lillestolen_at_nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I'm new to vmd, so forgive me if I missed this in the manual or on the
> website. I'm trying to use the color mapping by potential technique
> (similar to the tutorial at
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/apbsrun/colorbypot.html),
> and am able to generate the image just fine in the vmd graphics window.
> However when I go to render it I get a plain white surface. Further
> inspection in the console window shows me the warnings:
>
> Warning) Text not exported for this renderer
> Warning) Texture mapping not exported for this renderer
>
> This happens for both Tachyon (both versions) and POV3 rendering, and
> also occurs when I try to render the example given above. It appears
> that there was a discussion about this ca 2005 on the mailing list, but
> I can't find anything more recent about this issue. Is there anything I
> can do to get the color mapping to render in either of the above

you can program it. or have somebody paid to program it.
it is on the TODO list for a long time, but there are always
more important issues to be sorted out.

cheers,
    axel

> programs? Thanks very much in advance for any assistance,
>
> regards,
>
> TIm Lillestolen
> Wheatley Group
> University of Nottingham
>
> p.s. I'm using the 1.8.6 (April 6,2007) version on suse 10.3 as well as
> PovRay 3.6.1. The problem is also reproducible using the Mac 1.8.6
> version of VMD with Tachyon.

> may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system:

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu http://www.cmm.upenn.edu
 Center for Molecular Modeling -- University of Pennsylvania
tel: 1-215-898-1582, fax: 1-215-573-6233, office-tel: 1-215-898-5425