From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 13:07:04 CDT

Hi,
  Just FYI, I've worked through this patch and am rewriting it to make
it more bulletproof for large inorganic structures and for a wider
range of input parameters. The original implementation could crash VMD
if one selected a large enough cutoff distance when a dense silicon
structure was loaded. I hope to have a test version that's more
robust in the next day or so. I'll send a note when I've got a test
build posted.

Cheers,
  John