From: Dr. Daniel James White PhD (dan_at_chalkie.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 04:14:09 CST

Hi,

I have a cheap linux option working here, for about 4k dollars.
Athalon processor, 1Gb RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 64 MB in to a Sony G520 21 inch (the expensive bit)
crystal eyes shutter glasses and emitter and enabler cable E-2
Commercial Xig.com Xserver for quad buffered stereo
support.(inexpensive)

running red hat 8.0, VMD, pymol, Bodil, etc. with quad buffered stereo
in a window very happily at 1600x1299_at_95Hz (or better refresh rate at
lower resolution)

don't know if windoze supports stereo on this card.

cheers

Dan

On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 16:48 Europe/Helsinki, Y. U. Sasidhar wrote:

> Could you pl suggest monitor, graphics card and crytal eyes/eye3d for
> windows and linux platform on intel p4/xeons. I am interested in
> hardware stereo in a window.
> For example samtron/viewsonic 17/19''; geforce are compatible with
> hardware stereo ?
>
> --
> Sasidhar

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology
Department of biological and environmental science
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä
Finland
+358 (0)14 260 4183 (work)