From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 15:15:09 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  Our primary machine room experienced a complete power loss
due to an electrical overload in our building, and was
entirely offline several hours on Thursday evening. During
this time emails sent to ks.uiuc.edu will have queued but
their delivery will be delayed by many hours and possibly
several days due to the extremely high load our mail system
is experiencing now that the systems are back online.
(many thousands of previously queued incoming spams are
 making their way to the spam filters now, we had to
 beef up the spam filtering hardware to keep up with the
 tremendous load during recovery)

We appreciate your patience, and I expect that after
a day or two of recovery things will begin to
return to normal.