From: Samir Unni (srunni_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 11:35:51 CDT

Hi,

Yes, that fixed the problem! Is the state variable that's missing one of the
two (or both) that I initialized in my modified version of vmdmovie.tcl?

Also, even if this problem is fixed, it seems that the 'makemovie' method
cannot be used unless a GUI is running (i.e. starting vmd with '-dispdev
none' or '-dispdev text' won't work). That isn't an option in my case, since
I will be using the state files I'm creating with instances of VMD that are
on servers where X is not present. Is there a scriptable workaround for this
issue as well?

Thanks,

Samir

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/%7Ejohns/><