From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 12:24:16 CDT

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Jorgen Simonsen wrote:

JS> Hi,
JS>
JS> I have made a little script in order to calculate the dihedrale angle using
JS> VMD for atom selection - somehow my vector is pointing in the opposite
JS> direction because I get -1*MyAngle equals the angle from VMD if I make the
JS> following atom select in VMD
JS>
JS> residue 1 and name N CA CB CG

it is not entirely clear to me what you are doing exactly,
but i would like to remind you that the coordinats in atomselections
are ordered in the way they are read in from the coordinate
file and _not_ in the order you select them. a different order
may turn a right-handed definition of an angle into a left handed
one (or worse) and voila you have a different sign.

cheers,
   axel.