From: Kevin DeMarco (kdemarco_at_ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 18:50:24 CDT

Hi James,

I had a similar problem after upgrading to 10.5.3. Do the files you
are selecting have long file paths? If so, it might have to do with
the Tk file chooser.

I edited my "VMD 1.8.X.app/Contents/vmd/scripts/vmd/vmdinit.tcl" file
to default to the FLTK chooser instead, and I stopped having the
problem. The interface isn't as nice, but at least it stops crashing.

I have a feeling that the underlying problem is something specific to
the Intel version of 10.5.2/3 because I upgraded an older Mac and I
haven't had any problems with the TK chooser.

-Kevin