From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 23:48:06 CDT

Hi,
  It's not clear to me what you mean when you say you're making
modifications to it? I can't help you with things you might be
doing outside of VMD itself. If you're adding the labels within
VMD, then I would expect the image to be rendered the same as before.
If you're editing the image with an external program, I'm afraid
you'll have to consult the documentation for that tool.
I'm going to be away from email until July 8th, so if you need more
assistance, please ask the mailing list, but you will need to provide
significantly more detail about exactly what you're doing
if you expect useful assistance from others.