From: Ibrahim Moustafa (I.moustafa_at_psu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2008 - 11:27:48 CDT

Hi Peter,

  I'm in the same situation...tried hard to get IED working on MACOSX 10.4
without success. Though, a friend figured out why it does not work?
When untarring the "lib_MACOSX-numpy" file on MAC it gives an error message
at the end. If you look at the contents of the directory you'll see a
directory named "Python", a file with name "python"- (small case) is
supposed to be in the directory as well. However, the MACOSX has a problem
with case sensitivity in naming files in the same directory. I untarred the
successfully on a Linux machine, but when transferring the directory to
MAC...the same problem appeared. So, MAC is in-tolerant to files having the
same name but differ in cases. I tried to google this problem and it seems
reported before for MACOS. Even, the new Leopard showed the same behavior.

   I'll second you in asking help from GEEKS.

  thank,
 Ibrahim

--
Ibrahim M. Moustafa, Ph.D.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Dept.