From: Kevin DeMarco (kdemarco_at_ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 15:24:51 CDT

Hello,

I recently upgraged to Mac OS 10.5.3 and now VMD is no longer loading
parm7 files with a long path.

Specifically, the message I get is: "Users/kevin/Documents/My
Documents/School Related/UCDavis/Lab Work/MDStudies/Topomer/Modeller/
Model2/m1mod/300/proGm1mo: No such file or directory"

The actual file name should be "proGm1mod.top" but VMD is now
truncating the end of the filename and thus not finding the file. This
is affecting all recent versions of VMD on Mac OS X X86 on my
installation of Leopard. Interestingly, I tried running a PPC version,
and it loads the file no problem, albeit slowly because it's emulated.

Is there a fix for this? I'd like to run the native version, and not
have to move all of my work directories closer to the root just to be
able to load topology files.

Thanks!
-Kevin