From: Robert Brunner (rbrunner_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2008 - 12:34:02 CDT

Ben,

I get those warning messages on 10.5.3, but I think they're fairly
harmless. Are you running VMD with a command something like:

/Applications/VMD.app/Contents/vmd/vmd_MACOSXX86 -dispdev text -e
my.script > my.out &

I'm running the standard VMD compiled with graphics. When I start this
on an ssh connection machine, my.script runs. I can then close the ssh
connection and watch my.out from a different machine, and the script
continues to run to completion.

Robert