From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 21:54:14 CDT

Hi,
  There's no built-in method for doing a constrained fit like
you describe, but you could presumably hack something together
yourself by "undoing" unwanted rotation components for yourself
by applying the transformation matrix to some reference points
and attempting to decompose the rotation into xy and z components,
keeping only the ones you want. Perhaps someone else has a better
suggestion, but that's all that comes to mind just now.