From: Benjamin Hall (benjamin.hall_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 04:59:04 CDT

Hi

I'm interested in performing an alignment of 2 structures in a
membrane. Normally I would use the "measure fit..." command as
described in the manual, but I really want to fit the structures using
only translation components in x and y and rotation components around
z, so that the relative positions in the membrane aren't changed by
the fit (that is, the planes and positions of the membrane in z match
after the fit, if they matched initially). Is this possible in VMD,
either through the measure command or by another method?

Many thanks in advance,

Ben

Benjamin A. Hall
Structural Bioinformatics & Computational Biochemistry Unit
University of Oxford
http://sbcb.bioch.ox.ac.uk/hall.php
+44 (0)1865 275380
benjamin.hall_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk