From: Richard Swenson (swenson_at_hec.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 13:28:19 CDT

Raúl,

You should be able to use catDCD to create the trajectories you want.
Zero-based means that the list of atoms in the system starts at 0 instead of
1. I use a tcl script in VMD to write the index file and a reduced psf file
with a script like this:

*******************

package require psfgen

topology ../toppar/top.inp

readpsf mypsf.psf

coordpdb mypdb.pdb

mol load psf mypsf.psf pdb mypdb.pdb

set all [atomselect top “all”]

set sel1 [atomselect top “the atoms I want”] --for examples replace the
text with “segname M1”, “water”, etc.

set sel2 [atomselect top “not [$sel1 text]”]

set indices [$sel1 get index]

set file [open findexfile.ind w]

foreach I $indices {

            puts $file $i

}

flush $file

close $file

foreach segid [$sel2 get segid] [$sel2 get resid] atomname [$sel2 get name]
{

            delatom $segid $resid $atomname

}

writepsf $newpsf.psf