From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 17:13:15 CDT

Hi,
  I wanted to encourage people with the newer NVIDIA 8x00
and 9x00 GPUs to try out the test versions of VMD 1.8.7 that
I've recently posted, which now incorporate support for CUDA
by default:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/cuda/

If you have a machine with one of these GPUs and a recent
NVIDIA driver, I would be curious to have feedback on how stable
these test versions are for you.

The test builds should also run on any other machine, even those
that have Intel or ATI graphics, but they will not utilize those
GPUs for computation.

So far I have just put a few of our new CUDA routines into VMD,
but I am planning on adding support for CUDA throughout several
of the computationally demanding parts of VMD, and so any comments
or feedback on these test versions will be very helpful for my efforts.