From: Paul, Kristian (Cont, ARL/WMRD) (kristian.paul_at_arl.army.mil)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 12:16:16 CST

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I have a POV-ray question. I am trying to make a movie of a molecular
dynamics simulation, using the Movie Maker extension. I would like to
use the POV-ray renderer, but I'm having some difficulty. When I start
to make the movie, VMD calls up POV-Ray 3.6 without any problems and
renders the first step of the simulation. However, I've only been able
to render images of subsequent steps by manually closing POV-Ray 3.6.
After manually closing POV-Ray 3.6, VMD Movie Maker subsequently calls
up POV-Ray 3.6 each time. Is there a method in which VMD Movie Maker
can call up POV-Ray 3.6 and then the movie is rendered in a continuous
fashion (such as when movies are rendered with Snapshot)?

Thanks for any suggestions!