From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 14:10:41 CST

Guanglei,
  As with my reply to Brian, can you send me complete info on what rev
of the X server, video driver, video card, and xorg.conf file for your system? I've never encountered the behavior you describe even on three or four
totally different Linux distros, so it must be related to the specific
combination of software/drivers you're using which may be different
than mine.