From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 15:37:16 CST

The autoionize.tcl file is actually in the plugins/autoionize...
directory in the VMD installation on your computer. You can just
(backup first!) edit that file and change the script to use your
favorite ion type. Someone else on VMD-L may have already done this
or have a simpler method, but this was the quickest suggestion that
came to mind at the time.